HOW CAN SOMEONE LOVE HORROR MOVIES?
They’re filthy. They make you sick. They’re depressing. Clearly you have to be demented to have a fetish watching these movies.
Why not watch a comedy flick and laugh yourself like crazy? A romantic film to fall in love?
FUCKING FORGET IT.
First, if I wanted to laugh, I would talk to politicians and LOL over their desperate attempts to look respectful and caring. Second, If I want to fall in love, I would climb a tree and watch a mother pigeon feed its little birdies.
I love horror movies because they represent the art of misery. You can’t call someone stupid for wanting to go to a gallery. I dare call horror movies a magnificent painting of a wide-range art. Art is a wide sea of understanding, it’s receptive to the most illogical reasoning, but what art is not is a clean piece of cotton. You will never know art if you’re not stained with mud. People who love horror movies have the hunger for misery. They know it’s eyes, and they are courageous to look at them. The right kind of people who enjoy horror movies do not rejoice with entertainment. They enjoy it because they are presented the darkness of the world. They would like to see things that are not visible in the synthetic scenery that fools everyone.
They enjoy it because they are devastated and at the same time, fascinated to realize that they still feel human. This sounds silly and a bit dramatic, but it is fucking true.
Here are 10 of the most horrific movies ever made:
1. Martyrs – Directed by Pascaul Laugier
2. Inside – Directed by Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury
3. Funny Games – Directed by Michael Haneke
4. Antichrist – Directed by Lars Von Trier
5. The Loved Ones – Directed by Sean Byrne
6. I Saw the Devil – Directed by Ji-woon Kim
7. Suspiria – Directed by Dario Argento
8. The House of the Devil – Directed by Ti West
9. A Serbian Film – Directed by Srdjan Spasojevic
10. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer – Directed by
(Quotes are taken from www.rottentomatoes.com.
Big thanks to the rightful owners of the pictures used in making this piece more entertaining)